Call for abstracts for program at Pace University – Lienhard School of Nursing. Submission deadline: April 15, 2016. Please submit abstracts to: [email protected] with “PHC Abstract” in the subject line, using the abstract submission form.
Abstract Topic Examples:
- Primary Health Care
- Global Health: Policy, economics, justice, and equity
- Determinants of Health, such as:
- Economic Stability
- Social and Community Context
- Health and Health Care
- Neighborhood and Built Environment
- Advocacy and Health Policy
Abstracts for poster presentations should conform to the following format:
- Background, including statement of the problem, and aims: Describe the need for the project and the purpose of the study/project.
- Design or Methodology: Describe how the program or research was implemented and how data were collected and analyzed.
- Results: Include data that supports the conclusions.
- Research-focused projects: provide the statistical data to support the conclusions.
- For literature reviews, describe how the articles were chosen.
- Clinical/program-focused projects: Describe how the program works to achieve its aims, how its impact is measured (include metrics), and if the program is achieving results.
- Policy-focused projects: Describe a successful advocacy strategy and its impact on the social determinants of health.
- Conclusions & Implications
Word limit: Abstracts must be no longer than 300 words.
Biography: a 250-word narrative biography is required at the time of abstract submission. It should be a description of the presenting author’s educational and professional background in paragraph form.
There is no fee for abstract submission. The author submitting the abstract must be present at the conference.
Submission deadline: April 15, 2016, at 5PM Eastern Time.