Leadership Team & Subcommittees
Leadership Team (LT)
Purpose: To drive the agenda for the CNR meetings and serve in a supporting capacity to the subcommittees.
Chairperson: The Chairperson will be elected by a simple majority of the CNR members. The Chair will serve for a period of two (2) years.
- Oversees the activities of the CNR and leads meetings;
- Serves as a point of contact with external agencies and CFN staff;
- Delegates work to members of the Committees as deemed necessary
Vice-Chairperson: The Vice-Chair is the Chair-Elect. The Vice-Chair will be elected by a simple majority of the CNR members and serve for a period of two (2) years.
- Assumes the role of the Chair as needed;
- Serves as Chair of the Strategic Planning Subcommittee;
- May be delegated activities by the Chair as appropriate;
- Assumes the role of Chair at the completion of the two-year term
Former Chair: Serves in an advisory position and assumes activities delegated by the Chair as appropriate.
Participation in the Leadership Team
- Participation is representational. Participants are recommended by, represent the interests of, and serve as conduits to their identified constituent groups including but not limited to Regional Research Alliances, NYONEL-RC, ANA-New York, Magnet, STTI, and ENRS;
- Participants are appointed to serve a three-year term with an option for a second consecutive three-year term;
- After serving a six-year term, the participant may be re-appointed to the LT after a one-year hiatus;
- A proviso to allow participants who have exceeded six years of participation to remain on the Committee until such time as a full complement of participants is in place.
Comprised of participants of the CNR and, in some cases, outside consultants. Subcommittees meet in person and virtually.
Strategic Planning Subcommittee
Purpose: To develop a 5-year strategic plan for the CNR.
Scope: To provide a strategic plan that supports and sustains the mission, vision, values, and goals of the CNR.
Participants: Participants are encouraged to volunteer based upon interests of and service to constituent groups. Participants may be appointed by the chair of LT.
- The Strategic Planning Subcommittee of the CNR will develop a five-year strategic plan. This group may suggest ways to operationalize the vision and goals;
- Progress will be reviewed and revised, at a minimum, on an annual basis;
- Presents a report to the CNR on an annual basis for approval;
- Makes recommendations to the LT and staff about action items;
- Provides a strategic plan to the Board of Directors
Scholarships, Awards, and Appointments Subcommittee
Purpose: The awards subcommittee makes recommendations to the CNR regarding the appointment of fellowships, recipients of scholarships, and awards such as the Research Fellows, Distinguished Nurse Researcher (DNR), Rising Nurse Researcher (RNR), and Evidence-Based Practice Award. See the policies and criteria for each award. They also process applications and make recommendations regarding appointments to the subcommittees.
Scope: The principles and guidelines published in the appropriate policy will guide the call, nomination, and selection process
Functions: As the evaluation process for awards and applications, nominations, and CNR appointments.
Participants: Teams will be formed for each award to be evaluated. Participants may volunteer or be appointed. Participants are encouraged to volunteer based on their interests and service to constituent groups. Participants may be appointed by the chair of the Leadership Team.
- Review the application/nomination award packets;
- Make recommendations to the CNR;
- CNR then recommends the nominee to the Board of Directors;
- Process and make recommendations regarding appointment to subcommittees;
- Plan awards events
Leadership Team Members
- Jeanine Santelli, PhD, RN, AGPCNP-BC, FAAN – Chair
- Darlene Del Prato, PhD, RN, CNE – Vice-Chair
- Linda Millenbach, PhD, RN
- Yvonne Johnston, DrPH, MPH, MS, RN, FNP
- Connie Jastremski, MS, MBA, RN
- Kathleen Sellers, PhD, RN
- Jennifer Klimek-Yingling, PhD, RN
- Priscilla Worral, PhD, RN
- Rona Levin, PhD, RN
- Susan Birkhead, DNS, MPH, RN, CNE,
- Frances Crosby, PhD, RN
- Edmund J. Y. Pajarillo, PhD, RN-BC, CPHQ, NEA-BC, ANEF
- Kathleen Rourke
- Mary Anne Gallagher, DNP, RN, Ped-BC
- Noreen Brennan, PhD, RN-BC, NEA-BC,
- Victoria Record
- Deborah Elliott, MBA, BSN, RN – Executive Director
- Kennedee Blanchard, BA – Communications Manager