New York & Vermont Magnet Hospital Consortium Charter
Purpose: To build relationships through collaboration and mentorship to sustain the Magnet® culture and increase understanding of nursing excellence in the region.
Membership: Program Directors and other nurses from Magnet® Hospitals, those on the “Journey to Excellence®”, and those considering or moving toward application.
- Provide a collegial forum for networking among Magnet® hospitals, those on the “Journey to Excellence®”, and those considering or moving toward application.
- Share exemplars of nursing excellence and best practices.
- Develop a model for cultural exchange among participating hospitals.
- Identify the needs of participating hospitals.
- Provide “meet and greet’” for interested NY/VT hospitals at the annual Magnet® conference.
- Maintain a contact list of Program Directors, those who represent hospitals on the Journey to Excellence®” and those considering or moving toward application.
- Provide education to New York and Vermont nurses regarding the Consortium.
- One annual face-to-face meeting each June at the Foundation for NY State Nurses Center for Nursing Research.
- One annual face-to-face meeting at the Magnet® conference.
- Other meetings arranged using virtual meeting format.
- Communication takes place through electronic meeting minutes, calls, emails and webinars.
- Facilitator and co-facilitator volunteer to organize meetings, prepare the agenda, facilitate meetings and write and distribute minutes
News and Events
- NY/VT Magnet Consortium October 2017 Meeting